The North American Rescue Combat Application Tourniquet (C-A-T) is a true one-handed tourniquet proven to be 100% effective by the U.S. Army?s Institute of Surgical Research. Tests proved that the CAT completely occluded blood flow of an extremity in the event of a traumatic wound with significant hemorrhage.
The Gen 7 CAT utilizes a durable windlass system with a patented free-moving internal band providing true circumferential pressure to the extremity. Once adequately tightened, bleeding will cease and the windlass is locked into place. A hook and loop windlass retention strap is then applied, securing the windlass to maintain pressure during casualty evacuation. The CAT?s unique dual securing system avoids the use of screws and clips which can become difficult to operate under survival stress or where fine motor skills are compromised.
- NEW Single Routing Buckle for faster application, decreased blood loss, effective slack removal, fewer windlass turns, and simplified training with single protocol application standards
- Reinforced windlass rod with increased diameter for enhanced strength and aggressive ribbing for improved grip
- Bilateral windlass clip for rapid windlass lock and bilateral buttress for added strength
- Enhanced windlass strap changed to tactical gray and sonic welded to clip for constant contact providing safe windlass security and a place to document the application time
- Patented free-moving internal band for true evenly distributed circumferential pressure
- Package size: L 6.5 in. x W 2.4 in. x D 1.5 in.
- Weight: 2.7 oz