The Magpul STR (Storage/Type Restricted) is a storage-capable version of the CTR stock with an improved cheek weld and two water resistant battery tubes on a compact, reinforced polymer A-frame design. The design shields the release latch to prevent accidental activation. The STR also features a supplemental friction lock system that when engaged minimizes stock movement for enhanced weapon stability as well as an ambidextrous QD sling mount that will accept any push button sling swivel.
The Mil-Spec Model includes a standard 0.30" rubber butt-pad to provide a positive an anti-slip surface even with body armor or modular gear.
- Mounts on mil-spec sized carbine receiver extension tube (not included) from manufacturers such as Colt, LMT, Ruger, S&W, SIG, and others (please see the note below).
- Two water-resistant battery storage tubes located on the left and right sides of the stock
- Each tube will store up to two (2) CR123A lithium or AA batteries
- Tubes are accessible from the rear in any stock position via a hand-removable rubber plug
- Supplemental friction lock minimizes stock movement.
- Sloping cheek weld combines a slim profile with user comfort.
- Shielded release latch prevents snagging and accidental operation.
- Premium chrome-silicon lock spring provides positive locking and long service life.
- Removable 0.30" Rubber Butt-Pad offers an anti-slip surface and increases impact protection.
- Compatible with Magpul ASAP, ASAP-QD, and other receiver-mount sling attachments
- Sling Mounts: Rear - Reversible Type 1 Sling Mount fits up to 1.5" push-button QD swivels (swivel not included) Rear/Bottom - 1.25" sling loops
- Color: Flat Dark Earth
- STR, Mil-Spec (stock configuration)
- Weight: 0.77 lb.
- Weight, w/ Rec. Extension: 1.02 lb.
- Length, Maximum: 7.3 in.
- Width, Maximum: 2.58 in.
- LOP Adjustment Range: 3.25 in.
- LOP, M4 Collapsed: 11.10 in.
- LOP, M4 Extended: 14.35 in.
Note: There are two common tubes on AR-15s. Mil-Spec tubes and Commercial tubes. When ordering a new stock it is important to know which kind of tube you have. If you don't know what kind of tube you have click here for a guide
to help you easily determine which tube you have.