- We defend our money, why not our schools?
- Riders USA Annual 2nd Amendment rally at the Arizona State Capitol on February 17th
- Reliability Upgrades for the AR-15
- AR-15 Chrome Lined Barrels vs Nitride/Melonite Barrels
- Arizona Ranked #1 for Gun Owners by Guns & Ammo, 5th year in a row.
- California insanity
- New website!
Posted by Brian on 2/17/2018 to News
Posted by Brian on 1/30/2018 to News
Posted by Brian on 1/28/2018 to AR-15 Technical
Posted by on 1/10/2018 to AR-15 Technical
A common question about AR-15 barrels is Chrome Lined barrels vs the newer Nitride barrels. Which is better? What are the pro and cons of each? The answer depends mostly on what the barrel is going to be used for.
The standard M16 or M4 barrel is lined with chrome and has been since the 1960's. Weapons with full auto capability would wear out a barrel quite quickly with a bare metal barrel. Chome has good wear resistance and it prolongs the life of the barrel especially when subject to the abuse of full auto fire. An added benefit is chromes excellent corrosion resistance and it makes the barrel a bit easier to clean. When a barrel is Chrome Lined it adds a thin layer of Chrome to the bore of the barrel. The lining technically can reduce the accuracy of the barrel a slight bit. The lining also can wear off over time with use. The outside of the barrel is usually given a black phosphate coating to protect from corrosion.
Posted by on 11/3/2017 to News
Posted by on 10/31/2017 to News
So the logic of California is:
- Guns are bad.
- We're not going to penalize you any differently if you commit a crime with or without a firearm.
- Children are so precious, we're going to make it illegal for a teacher to be armed so they might have a chance of defending said precious children.
- Guns are bad.... mmmmkay?
Pure insanity. More details at Breitbart.com.